About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sharing information

With the help of the Internet, the world has become a far smaller place, and through Facebook and e-mail, Parkinson’s sufferers have created a global family of sorts, sharing information and helping support one another, giving one the feeling that we're not alone. A site that gives clear and simple directions for physical exercises suitable for PD patients, that one can do in the privacy of one’s own home is the Parkinson’s Society Canada. Obviously all their suggestions may not be suitable for everyone, but it’s well worth a look at. I know in the U.S.A. there are dancing classes for PD patients, and how I wish I could attend something similarI used to love to dance; in particular ballroom dancing was very popular in England when I was growing up. It was an exhilarating feeling, wearing a swirling chiffon dress that would swish with every move I’d make, and standing poised, in the arms of a partner, as the music began and around the dance floor one would magically be twirled to the timeless Waltz, Foxtrot, Rumba and my favourite; the dramatic captivating Tango! Unfortunately my dancing days are over, and my ungainly jig is for restricted viewing only (in my kitchen with close family and friends), but if I close my eyes tight and listen to the music of days gone by, I can almost see myself as sixteen once more, with lightness of step, poised and graceful, head lifted high; dancing my way around the ballroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment