About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Finding joy


Trying to find joy each day, no matter where or what you are doing is essential in maintaining a positive attitude. The things I find joy in may sound small and inconsequential to you, but in poor health, finding myself at home most of the time, sometimes the smallest things bring a smile to my face. Sitting in the garden, looking up at the sky, I was struck by the beautiful shade of bright blue, without a cloud in sight, the intensity of colour was magnificent. Our small garden is constantly altering with the changing seasons, and I notice as each tiny new leaf or blossom appears. I wouldn't say I have green thumbs; in fact far from it, for I once had the ability to destroy even a plastic fern, but that was long ago and I wont bore you with that embarrassing episode. Thus our little garden is filled with only the hardiest varieties of plants and flowers that require low maintenance. It is a haven of tranquillity - my very own secret garden of sorts.

Serving a meal that I have managed to prepare alone, proving my cooking skills are still in tact not only brings me but also my family, joy. I particularly notice when it abruptly goes very quiet at the dining table as suddenly everyone hungrily tucks in and are too engrossed with the food to talk. As I look at the satisfied faces around the table, I feel a sense of accomplishment.

Doing something each day that you love and enjoy is important for everyone. Whatever makes you smile and feel good - I highly recommend making a little time each day just for yourself. Believe me; you're worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment