About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Mistaken identity

I was in a shopping mall with my daughter, where a new hair dressing salon was having a promotional and doing ladies hair for free. Before I knew it, my daughter was sitting in a chair and a young man was busy combing through her lovely long locks with a dazzled look as if a wave of inspiration had just hit him. Sitting in my wheelchair, a young man came over to me and wheeled me over to another station where he too began to comb through my hair chatting away as if we'd known each other for ever. Whilst he tweezed and curled my hair, sprayed  various products on for good measure in the hope of promoting their merchandise, he asked me casually what I did. I told him I was an author, so he asked with great interest "what's your latest book called?" I told him "A SilverLining", to which he got very excited and called over one of his colleagues. "This lady wrote 'A Silver Lining' - isn't that amazing, and here I am doing her hair. Wait till I tell the family tonight!" I was a little taken a back, and surprised at all the fuss and excitement, and that he had heard of my book, but I didn't dwell on it, and simply thanked him for his compliments. After we left there, I told my daughter what had occurred, and she smiled that 'knowing' smile when children know something that their parents don't, and immediately took pleasure in bringing me up to date with the latest films and what had just happened. Apparently, unknown to me, a film called 'Silver Linings Playbook' was released a while ago, and the young hairdresser must have thought I was the author. So just in case anyone else out there has had the same thought - it's a case of mistaken identity - my book is called 'A Silver Lining', and has not been made into a film, at least not yet. However if there is a film producer out there who would be interested ………..well you know how to find me!

No comments:

Post a Comment