About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Here's a first


This has to be a first: a questions/answers time with Michael J. Fox, being interviewed by someone with Parkinson's, along with a team of people who are all fellow sufferers, answering questions from Parkinson's patients. If you haven't got Parkinson's, I guess in this particular instance, you'd be the odd one out! The Internet has given us the opportunity of viewing this 22 minute Google Hangout, and hearing Michael's answers. Obviously I was able to relate to what Michael  was saying, and I'm sure anyone suffering Parkingson's felt the same. I was interested to learn that Michael, like myself, has a large dog. A dog definitely adds something to a home, and particularly when a person is ill, a canine companion can be of great comfort and a welcome addition to the family. Michael speaks of returning to work but obviously only able to play parts that require someone with Parkinson's, taking into account symptoms such as 'masking' dyskinesia and rigidity to mention a few. It may sound a little restricting, but think about it; what an incredible way of getting the message out to people, bringing greater awareness through comedy on our television screens by a well loved actor. What better advocate could we ask for? 

No comments:

Post a Comment