About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, December 31, 2012

Farewell 2012


We bid 2012 farewell and look back on memories of fun times, achievements we're proud of, the goals we've reached, remember fondly those we've lost, and hope that the coming year will prove to be a better one for us all. Maybe this will be the year of miracles - the year they find a cure for Parkinson's. Now that would make it a very special year! Living life with no regrets has always been part of who I am - and this past year has been an amazing journey for my family and me. Living with Parkinson's is like participating in some sort of endurance test or a course that my name was put down for without prior knowledge. Through life experiences we all grow a little wiser, and these are the principles that I take with me into 2013:


To accept who you are and your circumstances without questioning "why me?"
To gain from an unfortunate experience, to grow and become all you can.
To have respect, empathy and understanding for all those around you.
To respect yourself, and hold your head up high despite any failings.
To treat others how you yourself would want to be treated.

I wish you all a Happy New Year, and let's hope that this coming year will be a happy, healthy and peaceful one for us all. Listen for a moment to a Parkinson's prayer.
Farewell to 2012 and welcome 2013!

1 comment:

  1. OMG - what a start to the day you have given us today. Great blog and beautiful clip.
    xx
    (and no mention of the K word)

    ReplyDelete