About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Good days - bad days

I never know when I'm going to have a good or bad day, and making arrangements in advance can sometimes be risky, uncertain what state I will be in, on that particular day. My husband knows me better than anyone, and just one look at me, or the sound of my voice and he can tell. When I'm having a good day, it's great, and although my walking is still poor and dexterity in my fingers terrible, I put up with the many symptoms and take advantage of these times, achieving as much as I can.  To have a productive day, go out somewhere or have visitors over, is great when I'm feeling good. 
On a bad day, it's an entirely different story and you probably wouldn't want to be around me; I don't think I would want to be around me! A bad day is when my voice can hardly be heard and its an effort even to talk on the phone, the shaking and tremors are exacerbated, walking from one room to another becomes a challenge, I can barely think or make decisions - it's all just too much, a feeling that I've simply had enough and can't take any more; asking myself, if this is what life has to offer - what's the point? No matter how cheerful and positive I keep, and I am fairly upbeat most of the time, on occasion, and thank goodness it's not very often, my spirits sink, and Parkinson's unfortunately has the upper-hand. In these times I don't think anyone except another Parkinson's patient can fully understand or appreciate how awful I feel. I just want to curl up in bed, pull the covers over my head and hope to be granted grace and magically disappear from this world. A more honest description of a bad day, I cannot manage. Data from the largest on-going study of Parkinson's disease reveals  depression has the largest impact on the health status of patients. An article appears on the NationalParkinson's Site which you may find interesting to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment