About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Stress

Statistics show that bereavement, divorce and moving home are the most stressful events in one's life. We are about to move house, so I concur wholeheartedly, for this has been a very stressful time, and I would not recommend it at this point/stage in my medical condition. As we all know, stress and Parkinson's just don't go together! Stress is one of the biggest contributing factors that exacerbate the disease at an alarming rate. We should have moved into our home some years ago, when I was in a much better state, but circumstances beyond our control have delayed this process. Now in poor health, moving house is going to be that much harder and it will take every ounce of energy that I possess. Quite frankly I don't know how I am going to get through this period of time, but if you've been following my blog, you'll know me by now, and what I lack in physical ability I more than make up for in strength of spirit and great determination. Thankfully we have family and good friends who have kindly offered their help and we much appreciate the thought. Once we are moved in, life will be much easier, for everything has been especially designed around my needs. I will be over the moon to unpack and throw away boxes once and for all (although in the spirit of being 'green' we'll recycle the boxes!). Retirement homes often recommend people moving in before they 'need' to, so that they make the adjustment whilst still relatively healthy, and not to leave it too late, when a huge transition becomes far more difficult physically and emotionally. Making big life changing decisions is not easy, but take a leaf out of my book, and don't leave it till the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment