About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Michael J. Fox Interview

In a rare personal interview, Michael J. Fox, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s at the age of 29, tells us of his journey and how even if he could go back in the De Lorean Time Machine (from the film “Back to the Future”), he wouldn't change a thing. Our destinies are not always what we would have hoped for or imagined, but Michael has embraced Parkinson’s’ with the aim of raising funds to find a cure, and through a great television show “Curb Your Enthusiasm” with his unmistakable humour and charisma, brings greater understanding to the general public of this life changing disease. Please take the time to look at this interview link, and pass it on to as many people as you can to raise awareness. I have a small voice, but luckily with a well-loved celebrity such as Michael J. Fox speaking for us all, Parkinson’s has been given a world stage to get our message across. Keep up the good work Michael, and as a fellow sufferer, I congratulate you on your strong determination, drive and initiative. You have brought us many hours of pleasure through films and television, and are now possibly doing the most important work of your life. You give us hope! 

No comments:

Post a Comment