About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

"Parkinson’s, shaken not stirred" on radio

I gave an interview on Triangle VarietyRadio, an Internet Radio talk show that has an  interesting programme called “The Author’s Corner" hosted by Elaine Raco Chase, which is aired every Thursday night between 8 - 11 pm Eastern Time. This prime time station is based in Person County, North Carolina/USA; having over 40,000 Google hits, so clearly a growing and popular show. They touch on domestic and international topics, business experts and authors.The talk show is aired live; several guests on line together with Elaine, along with pre-recorded interviews due to time differencesElaine interviewed several up and coming authors, and the questions and debate was lively and entertaining, hearing directly from those who love to write, what spurs them on in such a difficult industry today, and how the entire publishing business has changed over the years due to technology and in particular the electronic book. The question of audio books appeared a hot topic, particularly for those with impaired vision. Elaine introduced me and spoke about my mystery/adventure book (fiction) "Slipping Through Time" and then went on to interview me about my book  “Parkinson’s, shaken, not stirred”, available on Amazon, the book “I’ll Blog Till I Drop” available for FREE on Smashwords and my most recently published book “A Silver Lining” (also available on Amazon), about living life to the full despite suffering two chronic diseases. If you would like to listen to the show click on this link. The show is over two hours long, and I am introduced towards the end (I come on at just over two hours into the show) The link shows the time in minutes, and I start at around 122 minutes if you want to use the slider to fast forward to my interview (which is approximately 8 minutes long). I hope you'll listen to the POD Cast and enjoy the show. Thank you Elaine for having me on your show.

1 comment:

  1. Elaine - it was my pleasure. I am so glad we were able to do the podcast with the time difference in Israel... thanks for posting about the show..keep well...and whenever you want, let's put you back on the radio!

    ReplyDelete