About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

A Sense Of Fun

Keeping cheerful and young at heart, thankfully to me seems to come easy. I can't explain why, but this is obviously a deep integral part of who I am. As they say, "laughter is the best medicine" and I am blessed to have a husband who not only continues to make me laugh after being married almost 25 years, but also has a young spirit.
We've all played the "staring game" as children, staring at one another to see who gives in first. Well I might no longer have the strength to pillow fight, but I'm a winner when it comes to the staring game. My eyes barely blink, and with my frozen expressionless face - I win hands down!  
You have to find things to laugh about, and trying to look at life from a different perspective and find a silver lining in everything is the only way I know how to carry on. Writing keeps me very busy and has given me purpose and a sense of achievement. If it were not for my writing, my story may be a very different one.
When I was a little girl, I found a bottle washed up on the sandy shore of the beach where we would spend most weekends and holidays. I opened the bottle and found it quite dry and airtight. I decided to write a note which I placed inside and closed the screw top tight before throwing it back into the sea. I watched for a while as it bobbed up and down and eventually out of sight. I wonder if anyone ever found my message in the bottle. I know it's probably one in a million chance, but If someone out there ever found a bottle with a note in a child's handwriting (a poem making a wish) - maybe send me a message, but I suggest a more reliable and conventional method via e-mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment