About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, December 30, 2013

Resolutions

I arose early and there was a definite chill in the air. Standing in the garden before it was barely light outside, as I breathed out, I could see my hot breath before me, hanging in mid air like a mist. Glancing around the garden, it had clearly rained during the night, and the plants looked fresh, all signs of dust had been washed away.

I feel at peace with my decision to cut back on some of my activities, in particular writing a blog daily. I love to write and therefore didn't realise the strain it had become as my health has deteriorated. I have received many messages from various people who understand only too well that writing daily has become a burden in my present state. As the author J.Conrad Guest pointed out, "There is often a fine line between therapy, writing as exercise to keep at bay some of your symptoms and knowing your limitations, and giving as a gift to your family your best days." 

Here is one of the many touching messages I have received, I would like to share with you:

"Life will not be the same for me when I will no longer be able to wait for your blog to appear at 7 a.m. before getting out of bed. You have inspired so many people out there and given all your fellow sufferers hope and the determination to cope. You always look on the bright side of life and I have the greatest respect for your attitude. I don't know many people who have been invited to blog for the Huffington Post and am so pleased that you will be continuing to do so.
This is the time to wish you a Happy and a Healthier New Year and I want you to know how much your friendship and continued support for my volunteering efforts help me. Jill Sadowsky"


Thank you everyone for your support and understanding in what has been a difficult decision to make.

Coming to the end of another year, always makes one look back on events and achievements. It has certainly been an interesting and eventful year. I'm not one for making new year's resolutions, but I do hope that 2014 brings a cure, or treatment to stop Parkinson's in its tracks. If I had Aladdin's lamp, I'd give that old mythological object a good rub and summon up a genie. I wouldn't need three wishes, just one would do! However, it would be a shame to waste two wishes, so I'm sure I'd come up with something!

A new year inspires hope and a fresh beginning, to start as one plans to go on. I will endeavour to do all I can to keep Parkinson's at bay. Exercising as much as I can without doing harm, voice therapy, eating a healthy sensible diet (and staying away from the ice cream that tempts me from the furthest recess of the freezer, and spending as much time as possible surrounded by those I love. I will continue to embrace each day and enjoy my life, making the most out of each moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment