About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Slowing Down

Living with Parkinson's for some years, I have noticeably slowed down in many areas of my life. I walk painfully slowly, move slower, eat slower, talk slower and do just about everything at a slower pace. My speedometer appears to be stuck on "slow" and no amount of changing gears will make me faster.
As a friend of mine said "Having Parkinson's, is like living in the slow lane". I find it frustrating not being able to achieve or accomplish all that I wish to in a day, but I have to adjust accordingly to my capabilities and accept that this is where I'm at.

I constantly try and focus on the things I can still do and enjoy, and concentrate my energies on the things that matter most. I apologise for being brief this morning, but even my typing now is slower and it takes me considerable time writing my blog each day. 

It is still dark outside as I sit writing this morning, and there is a chill in the air, so I think a nice cup of tea is in order. Have a good day wherever you may be, and stay warm.

2 comments:

  1. You are admired, my friend. Please know that we love you, and love reading your messages, no matter how short. Take it easy, lean heavily on the One Who loves you and knows just what your're going through. MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine, your middle name is not Obstinate. You have the same middle name as me: Resilient!

    ReplyDelete