About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Don't Take Me For Granted

Just because I am at home most of the time, and rarely venture out, doesn't mean I should be taken for granted, and put on the bottom of the priority list. When a delivery service is sending a package, technicians from phone or cable companies, the gas man, or any number of maintenance or repair businesses, it is highly frustrating to be told they will arrive between the hours of 09:00 and 15:00. Do they really expect a person to drop everything and sit with baited breath waiting for them to arrive? Although admittedly I am housebound the majority of the time, it still irks me that one has to be tied down for so many hours. What do people do if they have a full time job?
Someone was supposed to deliver a parcel and having been here before, knew that I don't go out to work. I had been told he would arrive between 09:00 and 12:00, but by 12:30 there was no sign of him. I phoned the company to ask when I could expect the delivery man, and was informed he would be with me shortly. I waited and waited, was desperate to go and lay down for a rest, but with growing annoyance, had to wait. Eventually at 15:20 he arrived, as chirpy as anything, totally unaware that he had disrupted my entire morning, and I'd been unable to go and rest. He apologised for altering me on his schedule, but explained he knew I was always home, so thought I wouldn't mind. I was so angry as his presumption, but am too polite and told him next time to bear in mind, despite the fact I'm at home all day, I do have doctor's appointments, friends who come to take me out, and most definitely when I need to go and rest in bed, the last thing I want to do is sit watching the clock waiting for a delivery that should have arrived hours before.
I think he got the message, I just hope he passes it on to his fellow workers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment