About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Quality time

With the holiday season upon us, it is a time when businesses and government offices close down, and it appears Britain, like other countries comes to an entire stand still. It is the perfect opportunity for families to get together and spend quality time in each other's company.

Apart from dear family, I am lucky to have good friends in my life, some of whom are most unexpected, but with open arms have been embraced and welcomed. Sometimes the best presents in life don’t come in boxes wrapped up in pretty paper and ribbons, but in the form of great friendship. These precious gifts are to be cherished and looked after at all costs for they are often irreplaceable. I would like to take this opportunity of thanking the women in my life; for reasons of privacy I will not print your names, but you know who you are; a handful of intelligent, caring, fun, warm, strong empowered ladies who inspire and lift me when my spirits are low, and share good news and happy times together. Good relationships, whether they be with family or friends is what it's all about and are the essence of life.


If a relationship can withstand the test of time, and together you can grow older, wiser and hopefully learn the lessons that life throws our way, then you are indeed lucky. As I wrote in friend's birthday card recently; "Being in your company, it matters not what we do, just spending time together me and you". So wherever you are today, and whatever you are doing, I hope you are surrounded by those who you care about most , and simply enjoy being together.

No comments:

Post a Comment