About me

PROFILE:
I have been writing poetry and stories since I was a child, and a love of reading was instilled in me from an early age. I am passionate about writing, and hope you enjoy the books I have written. Whilst most of you sleep soundly in your beds, like many Parkinson’s patients, insomnia dictates, so during those hours that sleep eludes me, the house is tranquil and quiet, an atmosphere perfect to immerse myself in writing. My life has been a series of strange events, which have without doubt contributed to my creativity. To publish anything is to bear one’s soul to the world. It is to stand naked and let everyone see who you really are. I have poured my heart and soul out on paper and I hope to share this journey, immersing you in a story, capturing your attention and firing the imagination. Through my writing and public speaking I hope to bring greater awareness to the general public about living with chronic disease.

Monday, December 23, 2013

Anything's possible!

They say that one often chooses a dog that resembles oneself, and of late, my dog and I are looking more like each other than ever. She is no youngster, and walks like an old lady, no longer with a spring in her step, but is playful and young at heart which we get a glimpse of now and then. Much like myself, she has difficulty in getting up and sitting back down. We are both on pain killers for bone pain, and tire easily, often taking afternoon naps together. As soon as she sees me go into the bedroom and get ready for a nap, she gets into her bed and snuggles down to sleep.
Having a dog has been a great comfort to me, and especially when I am alone in the house, she sticks faithfully by my side and watches over me. If anyone should come to the door who is not family or a friend, she goes into "protect mode" and woe betide the uninvited visitor who dares to step over the threshold. I would fancy being in their shoes!
I love chestnut stuffing and bought some chestnuts with the ridiculous notion that after boiling them I could actually remove their shells. As I struggled with a small knife, my fingers unable to do what they once could, I actually succeed in breaking the small bladed knife - the blade sheared clean off from the handle, fortunately I didn't cut myself. Chestnuts are slippery little suckers and extremely difficult to hold and even more difficult to cut open and remove the flesh from within. As you can imagine, after many choice words, which I shall refrain from repeating, and a lot of frustration, many of the chestnuts flew right out of my grasp and landed on the floor, much to the delight of our dog, who I have now discovered has a penchant for chestnuts. More alike we could not become, I just hope I don’t begin to drool as she does. A Dogue de Bordeaux is renowned for their endless strings of unappealing drool that often hang down from the loose folds of skin around their muzzle. But we love her, drool and all!

If you want a good laugh, and you're a dog lover, as I am, then take a look at this humorous clip of a dog driving acar.

No comments:

Post a Comment